Third Grade District Choir
Third Grade Choir: Includes third grade boys and girls from each of the six elementary schools in the Minnetonka School District. There are two separate locations and times to accommodate different family schedules and locations around the district. Each choir meets for a one-hour rehearsal once a week from October until May when school in is session. A winter and spring concert take place at the Minnetonka High School Performing Arts Center with the other performing district choirs.
Third Grade Skipper Choir:
Rehearsal Day: Tuesdays
Rehearsal Time: 4:15 p.m.-5:15 p.m.
Rehearsal Location: Minnewashta – Room 140
Handbook: 2022-23 Skipper Singer Handbook
Directed by: Melani Schwartz
Third Grade Anchor Choir:
Rehearsal Day: Mondays
Rehearsal Time: 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
Rehearsal Location: Scenic Heights Elementary School - Room 301
Handbook: 2022-23 Anchor Singer Handbook
Directed by: Jaclyn Boyd
Concerts take place at the Minnetonka High School Arts Center on the Main Stage. Concerts feature the 3rd grade choirs, and also the 4th-6th grade Core and Select Choirs.
How to join
- Talk to your family about joining.
- Click on the handbook link on the side of this page and check out the rehearsal and concert dates to make sure you can be present and be a contributing member of the choir.
- Make sure you have transportation available to get to rehearsals. Busing is not provided, however, many families find that carpooling works well.
- Click on the link to be forwarded to the online registration form.
Choir registration fee
3rd Grade District Choir is FREE!
In case of illness or other unavoidable conflict, please notify your child’s director through email. If a singer misses three rehearsals during a semester, they will need to schedule a make-up time with the director. If a singer misses more than three during a semester, they will be asked not to attend the next concert or performance. Every rehearsal is important! When your singer misses one rehearsal, it slows down the progress of the entire choir, which affects the quality and quantity of the music that we can learn. If a singer needs to leave early please provide a written letter or an email for safety purposes.
Communication from the directors will arrive through email. We will create an email distribution list to send out direct messages and news. We will always use the blind copy option to keep information private. Be sure to check your junk box and add our emails to your address book.
There will be times during the year that we will need parent help. Notifications of volunteer opportunities will be sent out through email after your student has been registered.
Drop Off/Pick Up (for Minnewashta Location ONLY)
26350 Smithtown Rd, Excelsior, MN 55331
Singers are to be dropped off at door 7W (the parent pick-up circle) no earlier than 4:05 p.m. Supervision is not provided until 4:05 p.m.
When driving, use entrance “4” and follow the direction of the red arrows on the map for traffic flow. Singers are to be picked up at 5:15 p.m. at the same door (7W).
If you choose to park in the bus lot, please get out of your car and walk your child to and from door 7W for safety reasons.
Deephaven & Scenic Heights Elementary Schools
What We Do
- Sing fun songs
- Make new friends
- Learn how to become better singers
- Sing the National Anthem at sporting events
- Sing in a winter and spring concert
- The Elementary School Choir Tour (you get to miss a day of school to sing with your friends)
- Fun choir parties (winter sledding party and roller-skating party)
What students like best about being in choir
- Making new friends, singing great songs, and having awesome choir directors
- Touring the schools
- Learning new cool songs
- Having fun
- Improving their singing voice
- Performing for lots of people